June - STEWART WARNER VACUUM FUEL FEED SYSTEM

Finally got to do some work on the pick-up truck - nothing major - just some of the easy stuff that I knew I can handle.  Jeffery helped me with some of the electric things - found out the starter button was not working and we had to take the floor boards off to get to the starter and take that off.

 Ordering parts - oil filter, Lucas Classic Motor Oil, gaskets for the fuel vacuum pump, carburetor rebuild kit, fuel filter,  air filter, starter button, battery, spark plugs and wires, ignition coil and distributor cap.

In addition to researching how to fix/replace these parts - I have slowly began cleaning up the pieces as I go - repainting some parts and shining others.  My goal is to try and start it at the end of this month when my brother-in-law is in town.

Here are some before and after pictures of the  vacuum fuel feed system - I did not take it apart - the gasket looked pretty good still - (have 2 on back up just in case).  I can hear the insides moving - so I am hoping that all is good w/the internals.  Overall it looks better - just not as nice I wanted it to.  I did not do anything to the top of the pump - as it had all the labeling/marking on it:

Vacuum Fuel Feed System

Stewart Model No. 215g

and it was pretty good looking and clean.













Note: The following are the open end wrench sizes needed:
          Fuel tank to vacuum pump - (19/32) 
          Vacuum Pump end (19/32) to carburetor (11/16)
           Vacuum Line - (5/8)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS