Street Legal

Thursday, I took the truck down to the church - 3.1 miles one way - for a test run before I had to go for inspection on the 7th.  Worked great, still have some leaking oil, antifreeze and gas, but otherwise it ran good.
On the 7th of June 2019, and after some horn issues getting worked out, I drove the truck to Monroe Auto Shop in Queensbury to get inspected.  I told the manager Mike that I would be there at 0730, but I arrived around 1030.  The shop was happy to see the truck and the inspection went well.  Thanks to my sister Kathy for following me the 7 miles - one way - I needed to go for the inspection.  There was a line of traffic behind us, but I don't think people cared.  People were waving and giving me the thumbs up - okay - I thought it was a thumbs up.............

On the way home, I stopped by Randy's Barber Shop in Hudson Falls to show him the truck and got to talking with someone about the upcoming car shows.  Just need to give my baby a bath and some shine before we hit the shows.  

Third and Final Coat.........................

Getting there..............

I will admit that it drove well to inspection.  It was a little warm in the cab of the truck, on the way home I turned on the A/C - (opened the top 1/2 of the window) - much better.
I seem to be getting the hang of the double clutch system, but I don't think the truck really likes hills - thankfully I made it up the hills I needed to on my longest journey yet..........

Comments

  1. Have you named the truck yet?
    Is it a him or a her?
    Are you going to drive him/her to the car shows or get a flat bed and tow it?
    Are you going to clean the license plate?
    What's the gas mileage on him/her?
    Why does it have commercial plates on it? Do you use it for making money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not give the name a truck - the truck came with a Honey-Do Sign on it already - so I left it there.
    I am going to drive the truck to the shows that it will be in.
    No I am not going to clean the license plate - it looks really good for being 92 y/o.
    Still working on figuring out the gas mileage
    I think all trucks back in 1927 came with commercial plates.
    It will be a money maker in the future..............right now it just cost money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS