5 days left to Start-Up

Well my brother-in-law comes into town this weekend - and I want everything to be in place so that we can try to start it on Saturday the 23rd of June 2018. My plan is to push it out of the garage and have my wife sit in the driver's seat and try to start it - of course I will be videotaping the whole thing.  I only have 4 quarts of oil to add, the new spark plug wires, fuel line from gas tank to vacuum pump and hook up the battery and new starter switch before then.  Hope I remember how the floor pieces went.  Early June I put some Berryman B-12 Chemtool® Carburetor, Fuel System and Injector Cleaner - (Quickly disperses moisture and dissolves gum, varnish, and other fuel residues from the entire fuel system, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel injectors, valves, rings and pistons. Cleans entire fuel system, injectors, carburetors, intake valves) - (bought from Advance Auto - cheapest price I could find) into the gas tank to try and clean it out.

19 June 2018

emptied and flushed out the gas tank with some clean gas
added 4.5 quarts of 30 w oil non-detergent and 4 ounces of Berryman complete engine treatment
hooked up all fuel lines and vacuum fuel pump lines
tightened all spark plugs
attached the starter switch

looked over the spark plug wires - look okay for now.




Note: 3/4 open end wrench for oil plug
Spark Plugs - Autolite 3076 - 15/16 open end wrench or deep socket
Carburetor - Carter RAJX-O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS

Street Legal