Just the way it is, I guess


 So here is the follow up to was it the Throw out bearing or Clutch Plate that was making the noise when pushing on the clutch pedal.

I will let the pictures talk for the answer.

Clutch Throw out collar and Clutch Thrust Carbon Disc (or what was left of it)
The edges of the collar were razor sharp - guess it has been grinding for awhile.



The newer version is the Throw out bearing conversion - has bearing and no need for the carbon disc


Jeffrey and Phil figuring out the next step. Thanks neighbors.




I can say that this is the first time I have worked this extensively on the truck - thanks to Jeff and Phil for helping out.  I thought it was pretty cool and it only took us less than 4 hours to have it on the road again. There were so many pieces of the puzzle that needed to be taken apart to get to the Throw Out Bearing - and I am glad that we did not have to go into the Clutch Plate.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS

Street Legal