So was it coincidence or just the way it is?

 So the brake bar / brake pedal sticking was an easy fix and I did it all by myself.  

So after putting it all back together - I fired it up and wanted to go for a ride - well no such luck.  

Upon pushing on the clutch pedal it made a "grinding" / "sanding" noise and I was afraid to move it from there. 

So I did some research - (aka - Jeffrey) and (he) determined it was either the throw out bearing or the clutch plate. So like a good classic car owner/researcher - I went to the online parts store (The Filling Station - https://store.fillingstation.com/shop/shop.lasso)  and bought the parts that cost the least to try and fix it.  I saw no need to pay a $200.00 core deposit for a clutch plate, when we didn't even know if that the was problem.  

So after researching the manuals and some online old Chevy forums - (Vintage Chevrolet Club - https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/305157#Post305157) it came down to - take it apart, see what the throw out bearing looks like and then if that is not it - take it more apart and go after the clutch plate.  Meaning it was an "easy fix" (throw out bearing) or a fix that would cost more and have it disassembled for at least a month (clutch plate).

Parts were ordered and we set aside the 2nd of May at 1330 to start some work on seeing what was going on and trying to fix the issue.

I took lots of pictures - Jeffrey let me do 1/2 the work - but he had 100% of  the know how.  I got containers out for every different part we needed to take apart - but after the 4th container - Jeffrey just started putting every bolt, nut, washer in the same container.  Phil showed up into the project and helped us finish up.  

In the research I did - it looked like just to replace the throw-out bearing took people about 3-4 hours - the clutch plate - was a different story.  

Here are some pictures of the day. 















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS

Street Legal