KISS

No not the Band from the 70's.

I think it stands for Keep it Simple - not sure what the last S is.

Thanks Bob for becoming a follower.

So yesterday, 17 April, I wanted to make sure the truck was going to continue to start on a regular basis - after all it should right - It has a rebuilt generator/regulator, starter and new starter button, battery cables, fresh gas and condenser.  

Yeah - not so simple - it continued to backfire and not want to start.  I know if Jeffery was here he would say - its not getting gas, is there gas in the tank Dave?

Keep it Simple Dave - yes there is gas in the tank - Jeffery, (why is Jeffery in my head and I am answering him?)

Guess its time to call Eugene.

He suggested I check the Vacuum Fuel Feed System Filter to make sure it wasn't clogged.


Good call Eugene.
Thanks for helping me Keep it Simple....

Put that all back together, but still not wanting to start.

So I drained the gas from the tank, disconnected the fuel line from the  top of the Vacuum Fuel Feed System and the bottom of the Fuel Tank thinking the line was clogged and then put all that back together.  Still not getting gas. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

18 April 2020

I took the line off the top of the vacuum fuel pump again and blew into it, hoping to hear air bubbles in the gas tank - nothing.

As I was under the truck getting ready to remove the whole fuel line (again), I saw that the fuel line petcock was closed. So I opened that, and after fixing the leak, saw that I could move air through the top of the line to the gas tank.  

For REAL - Always Remember KISS 



I also noticed that the AMP Gauge now moved when the truck was running.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

Street Legal