Everything needs to be TIGHT - and 1 more Follower

One thing I have read over and over and over and over again with cars from the 1920's - 1930's - Every connection needs to be tight - loose connections are bad.

Thanks Eugene for following along.

          After pushing the truck into the garage, (Thanks Jeffery). I recharged the Battery again over night and then tried to start the truck. Still seemed like a dead battery, so I called my brother and he walked me through a few steps to check and rule out certain things.  
          For the last 2 years, I always picked up the battery and put it back in the truck - which is a pain because I have to remove the floor board and gently place the battery down into the holder - he suggested just hooking the battery cables up to the battery and connecting the other end to the battery cables on the truck - Yeah, turns out that he is more than a pretty face (as he would say). 
Thanks brother.

         Well that didn't matter, it didn't start, in fact it went from sounding like a weak battery to no sound at all when I pressed on the starter button.  He suggested I call brother in law Eugene.  
          So then Eugene talked me through a few steps to rule out some possible causes and it finally came down to the starter was the problem.  You see, when we put the starter in the truck last year  -must of over-tightened the nut - because all that top post does is spin freely. Not a good thing. So tight connections are good, but over-tightening connections is really bad.

Good thing I got the newer one back.  Well I took lots of pictures and proceeded to replace the starter on my own - Linda was ready and willing to help if I needed her though.  I replaced the starter and I figured since I went this far, I might as well replace all the cables from the battery to the starter button and from the starter button to the starter......So tight connections are good, but over-tightening connections is really bad........Yeah, I then broke the post off the starter button. Time to order a new starter button.




UGH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horn Works - Klaxon - 8C 6volts

KISS

Street Legal